Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: ?? about cleaning Doll eyelids...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member gubbymj's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2005
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Would it be bad to get their eyeballs wet?? I mean, I have come across as AG with marker (not sharpie!!) on her eyelids...I wa thinking about using Mr. Clean eraser on them...Anyone have any ideas??? I know that the eraser does leak a little bit, even if you do wring it out well...
    Any pointers??

    ;o)
    Mary Jo

  2. #2
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Talking

    If you get water in the eyes of the AG doll, like you drip some water inside, the eyes can get rusty! They get rusty because there?s metal in the eyes that help them open and close of course, and eventually they wouldn't work at all
    any more. The Mr.Clean Magic eraser is most likly THE best thing to use on a doll.
    GOOD LUCK! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Bean Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you get the eyes wet, they rust. Maybe it would be best to send her in for a replacement?

  4. #4
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    I don't think so. If you're VERY careful I bet
    you could get that marker off. Unless it stains, then I might agree with sending it in to be fixed.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    On a warm day try a tiny drop of rubbing alcohol on a q-tip. I say alcohol because it evaporates quickly, which is why it is used for cleaning computer componants. It may etch the plastic slightly but . . . it might just do the trick as alcohol is the solvent used in permant marker the other option is if you know that it is perment marker. Okay this is going to sound completely crazy, go find a dry erase marker, and color over the perment marker and wipe off. It really works, this is how we get perment marker off the bathroom stalls, walls, and white boards at work.

    Ashley

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hadn't thought of canned air but your right it should work to get the dust out. I use it on my sewing machine, it can be found at your local office supply store. Even my dad uses it on his machine tools.

    Ashley

  7. #7
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Canned air is great for the computer keyboard, too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •